These smoked jalapeno caramelized carrots are everything you could want from a side dish, sweet, spicy, and savory! We will definitely be going back for seconds.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons Smoked Jalapeño (your preference)
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 1/2 lbs small rainbow carrots
- Preheat the oven to 350. Chop the garlic and add it to a bowl with the oil, maple syrup, cumin seeds and Smoked Jalapeño. Whisk everything together.
- Slice the carrots into halves if they are a bit large and toss with the sauce mixture. Line a pan with tin foil before transferring the carrots onto it.
- Roast, occasionally tossing, until carrots are tender. About 30-35 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish or add to your favorite grain bowl.