Smoky Ghost's sweet & heat is the perfect combo to this soup with a delicata squash base. If you're new to delicata squash, it's easy to roast in the oven and common to leave the skin on in cooking, making it a very low-maintenance ingredient!
For this recipe you'll need:
- 2 medium-sized delicata squash
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1-2 Tbsp Smoky Ghost Hot Sauce (depending on heat tolerance, you can also sub in our more mild Smoked Jalapeno Hot Sauce instead)
- 2 tsp Umami All-Purpose Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Garnish of choice (we used red pepper flakes, Miyoko's vegan cheese, and fresh cilantro)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and grease with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Slice off ends of each delicata squash. Cut lengthwise and remove the seeds. Place each squash half flesh side down on the baking sheet. Roast for 30-35 minutes until flesh is soft.
- Remove from the oven and let cool a few minutes before mashing into a mixing bowl.
- Add the pumpkin puree, vegetable broth, coconut milk, Smoky Ghost, Umami Seasoning and pepper and blend until you reach desired smooth-ness.
- Transfer mixture in to a large pot on the stove and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish and enjoy!