Red Lentil Tacos with Cilantro Lime Slaw
If you're looking for a recipe that's packed with flavor and a little bit of heat, look no further than these Lentil Tacos with Asian Slaw. This recipe combines the earthy goodness of lentils with the fresh crunch of slaw, all topped off with a spicy kick of jalapeño and Seed Ranch Hot Thai Green sauce.
The slaw itself is a delightful mix of red cabbage, cilantro, and ginger, all marinated in a tangy blend of ponzu, lime, and Thai Green mild sauce. Meanwhile, the lentils are cooked up with garlic, onion, and vegetable broth, resulting in a hearty and satisfying taco filling.
And of course, no taco is complete without a little bit of spice. That's where the sliced jalapeño and Hot Thai Green sauce come in, adding just the right amount of kick to these flavorful tacos.
So if you're ready to take your taco game to the next level, give this recipe a try. Just be sure to have a glass of water handy, because things are about to get spicy!
What you need:
- 1 red cabbage
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 lime
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 Tbsp ponzu
- 1 Tbsp Seed Ranch Thai Green
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger
- Corn tortillas
- 1 sweet onion
- 1 jalapeño
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup red lentils (uncooked)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable broth
- Seed Ranch Hot Thai Green (to taste)
- For the slaw, chop the cabbage cilantro and ginger and mix them in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the ponzu, olive oil, rice wine vinegar, lime, and Thai Green. Let slaw marinate for at least 10 minutes.
- Cook lentils per package instructions. In a sauté pan cook the garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in cooked lentils, broth, and your taco seasoning of choice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until broth has burned off.
- Before you can assemble tacos, don't forget to warm up your tortillas! Top with sliced jalapeño and Hot Thai Green to taste. Careful, it’s spicy!