Bookmark this for your next BBQ and discover the mouth-watering sizzle of eggplant slices on a hot grill. The grill’s heat works its magic to give the edges a delicious char and Smoked Jalapeño kicks things up a notch with it’s smoky, sweet chipotle flavor.
This is an easy recipe with minimal ingredients. You could use sea salt instead of Umami Seasoning but you’d be missing out on an extraordinary depth of flavor. This smoky eggplant makes for a fantastic side dish, especially when you add your favorite creamy sauces and garnish. Fire up the grill and let’s dig in!
What you need:
- 1 eggplant
- Smoked Jalapeño Hot Sauce (Smoky Ghost if you like it HOT)
- Umami All-Purpose Seasoning Salt
- Avocado oil (or some other high heat oil)
Optional for garnish & dipping:
- Fresh parsley
- Vegan parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil drizzle
- Chipotle crema
- Slice the eggplant into 1/4in-1/2in thick rounds. Drizzle avocado oil over each round and use a brush or your hands to rub into the eggplant.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the eggplant slices. Use a brush to coat each slice with Smoked Jalapeño. Shake the Umami Seasoning on top. Grill on both sides for about 3 minutes, or until the eggplant becomes tender and there are visible grill marks.
- Plate and garnish however you like. Enjoy while it’s hot!