One of the best things about our days at the Boulder Farmers Market was trading sauce for pasta with our friends at Pastificio. They make heirloom wheat pastas from flour they mill on site here in Boulder, and the result is fantastically delicious pasta.
They shared this yummy recipe for garganelli with zucchini trifolate that we've added some Seed Ranch Flavor sauce and seasoning to. Enjoy!
What you need:
- 1lb dry heirloom wheat garganelli from Pastificio
- 2lbs of zucchini and/or summer squash
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic (diced)
- A large bunch of your favorite fresh herbs (oregano, basil, thyme, sage, parsley, all of them) – chopped
- Black pepper
- Seed Ranch Umami All Purpose Seasoning
- Seed Ranch Truffle Hound Hot Sauce
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Wash zucchini and summer squash and cut them in 1” cubes. Toss them with ¼ cup of EVOO, Umami Seasoning and pepper. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread zucchini and squash cubes on it. Bake for about 45 minutes or until cubes are golden brown.
- Bring 4 quarts of water and plenty of salt to a boil. Meanwhile, dice garlic and then saute it with the rest of the olive oil until golden.
- Cook pasta as per pasta box instructions. Heat a sauce pan on medium and add your garlic. Once pasta is al dente (a bit less cooked as you would like), reserve ¼ cup of pasta water, then drain and transfer to the same saucepan. Toss the pasta, pasta water, and garlic vigorously (just moving the saucepan, don’t use any utensils).
- Add roasted zucchini and squash. Sprinkle with all the herbs and drizzle with Truffle Hound hot sauce. Serve it warm and enjoy!