These bad boys are everything you want in a side dish, sweet, spicy, and savory. It's a flavor combination that will have you going back for seconds, maybe even thirds.
Now, some of you might be thinking, "Carrots? Boring." But let us tell you, these carrots are anything but boring. They're cooked to perfection with a caramelized glaze that's sweet and sticky, infused with the smoky heat of chipotle peppers from our Smoked Jalapeño Hot Sauce. These carrots are not just a side dish, they're a statement. A statement that says, "I can cook better than you” at your next get together.
What you need:
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons Smoked Jalapeño (according to your heat tolerance)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2½ lbs small rainbow carrots
- Optional: parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Finely chop the garlic and add it to a bowl with the oil, maple syrup, cumin seeds and Smoked Jalapeño. Whisk everything together.
- Slice the carrots into halves if they are a bit large and toss with the sauce mixture. For extra flavor, let sit in the marinade for about 15 mins in the fridge. Line a pan with tin foil before transferring the carrots onto it.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes, or until the carrots are slightly browned and fork tender. Flip the carrots halfway through.
- Serve as a side dish or add to your favorite grain bowl. Drizzle a little extra Smoked Jalapeño for extra smoky chipotle flavor.
Want to really feel the burn? Swap our Smoked Jalapeño for Smoky Ghost Hot Sauce with Ghost Pepper.