If you're looking for a dish that'll transport you straight to the heart of Italy without ever leaving your kitchen, then look no further. These Vegan Italian Stuffed Peppers pack in layers of bold, earthy flavor that'll leave you craving more. From the nutty quinoa to the aromatic Italian seasoning, every bite is a journey for your taste buds.
Now, some might shy away from making stuffed peppers, thinking they're too complicated or time-consuming. But fear not, my friends - this recipe is a breeze. Just mix up the filling, stuff those peppers, and let 'em cook in the slow cooker for a few hours. It's that easy.
What really sets these stuffed peppers apart is the sun-dried tomatoes and Cheddar Craving Vegan Cheese. The sweet, tangy tomatoes add a depth of flavor that perfectly complements the nutty, savory cheese. And when you top it all off with a drizzle of Umami Reserve Hot Sauce, you've got a dish that'll make your taste buds sing!
What you need:
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 tsp italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp Cheddar Craving Vegan Cheese
Optional for garnish:
- Douse with Umami Reserve Hot Sauce
- Chopped fresh basil
- Miyoko’s Vegan Mozzarella
- Mix all stuffing ingredients together well. Carefully use a knife to remove the top of the bell peppers and then hallow them out. Fill the peppers all the way up with the mixture.
- Add about an inch of vegetable broth to the bottom of the slow cooker and place the peppers standing upright. Cook the stuffed peppers on high for 3 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the peppers carefully with a large slotted spoon. These stuffed peppers will be HOT so allow about 5 minutes to cool. Garnish as you like, and dig in!