As the leaves start to turn and the air cools, there's nothing quite like a hearty salad to warm you up from the inside out. And this recipe for warm butternut squash and roasted pecan salad is the perfect way to do just that.
Imagine the aroma of roasted squash and toasted pecans, mingling with the tang of balsamic vinegar and the sweetness of dried cranberries. Umami Everyday offers just enough savoriness to round out the dish to satisfaction.
It's a symphony of tastes that's both familiar and unexpected, with every bite offering a new sensation. Whether you're looking for a healthy lunchtime option or a satisfying side dish for dinner, this warm salad is sure to hit the spot. You might just discover a new fall favorite that you'll come back to year after year.
What you need:
- 1 Butternut squash
- 2-3 Tbsp Umami Everyday Sauce
- 1½ Tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup raw pecans
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups of spinach
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (204° C) Toss peeled and cubed butternut squash in the olive oil, Umami Everyday Sauce, and 1 tsp sea salt and ½ tsp pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- While squash is cooking, heat a medium skillet over medium heat for the pecans. Add pecans to hot skillet and stir around until toasted, careful not to burn them. Remove from skillet.
- To the same skillet, add 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp coconut sugar and stir to combine. Then add pecans back in, sprinkle a pinch of salt, and toss until coated. Transfer pecan mixture to a plate to cool. Make sure the pecans are separated so as not to stick together.
- Add spinach and cranberries to a large bowl. Once the squash is ready, add it into the bowl along with the pecans. Add 1 more Tbsp of olive oil and 1 Tbsp of balsamic. Give it all another toss and dig in!