This street corn is a tried and true favorite among friends and family of Seed Ranch. The savory flavors from Umami Everyday Sauce mixed with the creamy and zesty drizzle of mayo, sour cream, fresh lime, and Smoked Jalapeño will have people asking for seconds, so be prepared. And let's not forget about the garnishes of fresh cilantro and paprika - they add the perfect finishing touch to this already stunning dish.
→ Watch the recipe on Seed Ranch Instagram!
This vegan version of a spicy street corn on the grill is just as flavorful and satisfying as the classic barbecue favorite, but without any animal products. We used Follow Your Heart's Vegenaise instead of regular mayonnaise, and Kite Hill sour cream for easy plant-based substitutes. It's perfect for vegans and non-vegans alike, and is sure to be a hit at your next cookout.
What you need:
- 3-4 ears of corn, husks removed
- 2-3 Tbsp of Umami Everyday Sauce
- ½ lime
- *Mayonnaise (Follow Your Heart’s Vegenaise is awesome)
- *Sour cream (we used Kite Hill)
- *Smoked Jalapeño or Smoky Ghost Hot Sauce
- Optional: fresh cilantro, paprika, and cheese for garnish
*amounts vary depending on how much you want to make, you just need equal parts mayo, sour cream, and hot sauce
- Get your grill going, aim for medium-hot heat. Shuck your corn and remove remaining silk. Pour Umami Everyday sauce into a small dish and use a basting or pastry brush to completely coat the corn with the sauce.
- Place corn directly over heat on the grill and rotate when dark char spots appear until ears are evenly cooked (about 10 to 12 minutes).
- Meanwhile, mix together equal parts mayo, sour cream, and hot sauce with the juice from half a lime. Drizzle this mixture generously over your plated charred corn.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro, a sprinkle of paprika, and your favorite sprinkle-able cheese. Dig in and be prepared to get messy!