When it comes to coleslaw, we all know the usual suspects - shredded cabbage, carrots, and a gloppy dressing. But this is not your ordinary coleslaw. We're swapping out the mayo for a tangy and slightly spicy dressing made with rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, and the star of the show - Thai Green Hot Sauce. Plus, the mighty mango brings in some sweetness and crunch. The result is a coleslaw that's sweet, spicy, and crunchy all at once - a true explosion of flavors in your mouth.
This Thai Green Mango Coleslaw is not only a great side dish for your next BBQ or picnic, but it's also a perfect lunch option to take to work. It's healthy, it's flavorful, and ready in no time.
What you need:
- 1 cup red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 cup white cabbage thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- 1½ Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ¼ lime
- 2 Tbsp Thai Green Hot Sauce
- 1 small mango (½ cup) thinly sliced
- Pinch of salt
- Optional: cilantro, sesame seeds, cayenne pepper flakes to garnish
- Put the rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, Thai Green Hot Sauce, and salt in a small dish and whisk to combine.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the dressing mixture with the cabbage, carrot, and mango. Garnish and serve!